Basalt Fibre Fabric
Basalt fiber is in a lot of ways a better alternative to fiberglass, made from basalt, a hard, dense, volcanic rock. It provides high temperature performance and superior strength.
It offers a middle ground between glass and carbon, and can be a cheaper alternative when carbon fiber would be considered ‘over engineering’.
Additionally basalt fiber is naturally UV resistant, and can maintain its physical integrity up to 1000 deg C!
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS:
- High mechanical strength and modulus.
- High resistance to chemical aggressive environment and in particular high alkali resistance will not allow to appear of rust or corrode.
- Minimizes crack width and spread.
- Easy to install and use. No special equipment is required.
- Extremely low coefficient of heat conductivity significantly reduces heat transfer from building exteriors to interiors and significantly improves energy efficiency.
- Much higher electrical resistance compared to steel.
Basalt Geo-Grid Mesh
Strengthen concrete with basalt mesh
Basalt Mesh Geo-grid is available in different sizes with epoxy coatings for concrete and asphalt reinforcement.
Basalt Mesh is better than steel for many reasons
• Stronger than steel wire of comparable size
• By far lighter and easier to handle and install (no nasty cuts).
• Will not rust or corrode or cause cracking of concrete
• Flexible for easier design
• Basalt does not conduct electricity or induce electric fields
• Basalt Mesh binds well with both asphalt and concrete
• Customize mesh sizes available 4-40mm
Basalt Fibre Geo-Grid Mesh
Used for reinforcing asphalt-concrete (covering in construction, reconstruction and repair of airport, runways, highways and any pavements, pedestrian ways, road inclines and banks).
The reinforcement with basalt mesh Geo-grid increases the overall reliability, safety and the cutting process output. The strength of basalt mesh is as good as metal reinforcement, however it is lighter, thereby simplifying transportation and handling in construction.
Basalt Geo-grid Mesh is more durable than metallic and glass-fiber reinforcement due to basalt fiber’s excellent performance. Like all the basalt articles it is an ecologically safe material.
Basalt Chopped Fibres
Basalt Chopped Fibres can be mixed directly into polymers and concrete to increase tensile strength and reduce cracking and chipping. ( Chopped Carbon Fibres are also available)
Basalt Chopped Fibres – Features & Benefits
• High tensile strength
• Resistant to alkali in concrete and require no special coatings
• Do not conduct electricity or induce electrical fields
• Do not absorb or wick water
• Will not harbor bacteria or microbial growth
• Has good fatigue resistance
Shop for our basalt materials HERE